Salary: £19,900.00 to 22,900.00
Hours: Full Time Permanent - 40hrs per week Monday to Friday, between 9.00am to 6.00pm
Have you got experience in the social housing sector?
My client is seeking an Assistant Support Officer to work within the Harlow area. The support assistant role is an entry level role which will give the post holder opportunities to develop the level of skill desired to progress to a support worker post. This role would be suitable for someone who is keen to hit the ground running and kick start their career with a reputable organisation within the housing sector.
The support assistant is a member of the service delivery team, working alongside support workers and senior support officers. The support assistant will be accountable to either a senior support officer or lead area business manager (ABM) depending upon the size and scope of the team. The support assistant will provide direct support to clients catered for by the project team.
This support will vary depending upon the functions of the project and also the nature of the support required. However, a key element is that much of the support assistant`s role will be to complement the support provided by key workers (whether they are support workers or complex case workers). The support assistant will, as part of their development, take on a small case load of clients - which will vary depending upon the particular project.
Clients will be allocated by the support assistant`s line manager, and the allocation will take into account the developing capabilities and capacities of the support assistant, alongside the clients` needs and risk assessment. They will also: Undertake various tasks which will assist in the delivery and continue development of the service, under guidance from the line manager, and another staff member.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY'S:
- Spending time with service users, inducting new service users, supporting on-going caseloads, identifying activities that will support them and facilitate their journey towards ennoblement and recovery.
- Maintain and support links made into community programmes and resources.
- Contribute to the provision of timely and accurate information, reports and analysis to Lead Manager or senior practitioner, as they may find necessary for the proper management of CF`s services.
- Contribute to the regular review of the effectiveness of service delivery, involving service users and other stakeholders in this process
- Contribute to the continual improvement of service effectiveness, ensuring that service users or internal customers receive a high-quality outcome-focused service.
- Contribute to the development of the annual work plan, taking on tasks to ensure its successful implementation and completion.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other Thames Reach teams as appropriate as well as external teams/services and agencies.
- Contribute to the meeting of the targets in the areas of Education, Training and Employment/ move on of the service users, maximising service user involvement /and other Key Performance Indicators.
- The employee may on occasion, and in necessary circumstances, be called upon to undertake work in other locations other than their usual base of work, in order to ensure CF obligations to service-users are fulfilled. In exceptional circumstances, an employee may be asked to do alternative work at another location which would be aimed at being within the competence of the employee.
- Ensuring that the required paperwork and monitoring is completed including the updating of case files and support plans to the standards set out by CF and the agreed requirements of the Service Commissioner - with the support of a Support Officer or and Senior Support Officer.
Interested Please don't hesitate to contact me on 01245 493533 or email CV to