We are working with a long standing client who provides support to people with Autism. They are looking for Support Workers for their service in Burnham-On-Sea.
You will be supporting individuals to develop and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance, including physical care (eg: bathing toileting, dressing and feeding).
You will actively encourage and support meaningful activities, both inside and outside the service in accordance with individual`s interests, choices and needs. Supporting individuals to make appropriate choices regarding their nutritional needs and assisting them in preparing meals. You will ensure the environment is secure, clean and well presented, undertaking domestic chores and relevant checks as necessary.
You will be expected to work as part of a team, sharing responsibility fairly and being supportive of others.
We are looking for someone who;
- Has the ability to inspire others with a positive attitude towards supporting vulnerable people.
- Display good listening skills and report information accurately.
- Actively and positively respond to the changing needs of people receiving support.
- Has an interest in and a basic understanding of Autism.
- Has an understanding of the principles of Health and Safety.
Please apply today if you would like to work for a fabulous organisation! Alternatively, email