Job Title: Children`s Support Worker **Sleeper Shifts**
Salary: £26,000 - £27,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent (24-hour shifts), 10 shifts per month
Tired of looking for the right opportunity?
Looking for an exciting and rewarding new role?
Join our friendly team of children`s support workers in Plymouth!
You will be working as a Support Worker at a Residential Home for children based in Plymouth. You are tasked with providing a nurturing, friendly and caring environment for the children at the service.
There will be challenging behaviour at times, and you must help children gain self-control by rewarding good and challenging unacceptable behaviours. No personal care required.
Your duty is to act as a role model for children.
The shift pattern is based on a 3-week Rota, with some weeks requiring you to work over the weekend. Over 10 shifts a month, the shift times are 24 hours long so part of the shift will be sleeping.
During your 6-month probation, you will be trained towards and if successful, awarded, a level 3 qualification in health and social care.
- Previous qualifications in Support Work NOT required
- Experience as a support worker (ideal)
- Residential care experience (ideal)
- A passion for child-care & seeking to develop career
- Excellent training and development
- NVQ level 3 qualification in health and social care (covers adults and children)
- Fantastic experience and an ability to progress
To apply for this role, please get in touch with me on 01179486300 or alternatively email me on