A new position has arisen within one of our client's nursing homes were you will be caring for physically disabled adults in a friendly working environment. You will be providing specialist rehabilitation for people with brain injuries.
The right candidate is committed to ensuring that the following key responsibilities are carried out:
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks & skills as required by their person centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To work within a person-centred approach so as to encourage customers to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition, as well as their current skills, personal choices & aspirations.
- To ensure that record-keeping is maintained and updated in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
- To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- A level of professional development & registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or LCD (this may include level 2 in Health and Social Care Adults/Children or Young people, or Learning Disability or other similar qualification), dependant on location.
- Where driving is required, a full driving licence.
- To be able to work flexibly hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota if required by the respective service.
- Prior experience of providing personal care would be advantageous.
Key competencies & skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- To be able to work on own as well as part of a team.
- To be able to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Able to work under pressure and apply consistent approaches.
- To be able to work flexibly and creatively with customers and their families.
- To be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
- To have good basic levels of reading & writing in English.
- To be able to maintain accurate records.
- Basic IT skills.
In return you will receive
- A competitive salary.
- Free parking
- Free training (That needs to be complete within 12 weeks)
- On sight accommodation
In return you will receive a competitive salary. If you like what you see please send your CV to; as well as calling Karen on 0208 6808183.