A well-established expanding organisation is recruiting for full time Support Workers for their Supportive Living Service in Stonehouse, Gloucester. There are 5 individual homes which support a total of 20 clients (mainly adults) who have Learning disabilities, Autism, physical disabilities who may display some challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- The service is based on a complex where all homes are within walking distance from each other
- activities, they have a farm where they look after animals and grow vegetable. There also is community hall for any events that take place as well as baking, craft & wood workshops.
- Support them with everyday duties i.e. preparing meals, cleaning, laundry, shopping etc
- Active service users who like to get out and about. They go out on day trips, walks, drives, bingo, cinema / theatre, visiting families etc
- Support them out in the community and on health appointments
- Help with budgeting and finances
- Help administer medications - you will be trained
- Most support is 121 but the team will work together and share domestic duties
- Mainly prompting personal care but some may need full support
- Have life, paid, personal or voluntary experience in care (any setting / sector)
- Need your own transport due to location being away from bus routes.
Contract / Terms:
- Salary is £19,240 per annum = £9.00 an hour
- Full time (40 hours a week)
- Shift patterns vary from 7am starts to 10pm finishes
- Outstanding training given plus a full induction and support provided throughout
- Chance to complete a free NVQ / QCF qualification whilst you work
- Free meals whilst on shift
- 6.6 weeks holiday pay
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
If you have the right skills or experience for this role then please call Liam on 0117 948 6300 or email your CV with the job reference number to: - thank you and good luck with your job search