A well-established expanding organisation is recruiting for full or part time Support Workers for their Supportive Living Service in Stonehouse, Gloucester. There are 5 individual homes which support a total of 20 clients (mainly adults) who have Learning disabilities, Autism, physical disabilities who may display some challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- The service is based on a complex where all homes are within walking distance from each other
- onset activities, they have a farm where they look after animals and grow vegetable. There also is community hall for any events that take place as well as baking, craft & wood workshops.
- Support them with everyday duties i.e. preparing meals, cleaning, laundry, shopping etc
- Active service users who like to get out and about. They go out on day trips, walks, drives, bingo, cinema / theatre, visiting families etc
- Support them out in the community and on health appointments
- Help with budgeting and finances
- Help administer medications - you will be trained
- Most support is 121 but the team will work together and share domestic duties
- Mainly prompting personal care but some may need full support
- Have life, paid, personal or voluntary experience in care (any setting / sector)
- Need your own transport due to location being away from bus routes.
Contract / Terms:
- Salary is £19,240 per annum = £9.00 an hour
- Full or Part time (40 hours a week)
- Shift patterns vary from 7am starts to 10pm finishes
- Outstanding training given plus a full induction and support provided throughout
- Chance to complete a free NVQ / QCF qualification whilst you work
- Free meals whilst on shift
- 6.6 weeks holiday pay
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please call Liam on 0117 948 6300 or email your CV with the job reference number to: - thank you and good luck with your job search