The service we are recruiting for is a Residential service consisting of five separate flats, supporting five adults with Mental Health Issues, Learning Difficulties. It is situated in Flintshire. Our client offer support to their clients 24 hours a day, meaning staff are expected to work shifts, this can include sleep over shifts. You will be providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. You will be flexible as you may be required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and sleep ins with in North Wales.
Preferable experience of working in a similar environment but not essential as training is provided.
You will also need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
- Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week
- Part Time contracts 16 hrs, 22.5 or 30 hrs or become a Bank Staff
- full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Competitive rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Retail discount vouchers
- Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- SAYE Scheme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
-Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
-The ability to keep calm under pressure
-Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
-Excellent communication skills
-The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
-The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
- Bilingual Welsh/English speakers highly desirable
If this is the role for you please apply