BS Social Care specialise in providing both temporary and permanent support practitioners into a range of services that support vulnerable adults and children. Whether you are interested in temporary opportunities, or are seeking your next permanent job, I am in a great position to listen to your needs, and find the best role on the market for you.
Our client is a housing provider with services in Brighton, Hove and Worthing. We are currently recruiting for their services in and around Newhaven. The organisation provides support to young adults who are between 17-24 years old. The service accepts referrals for people who have been evicted from social housing, as a result of tenancies breaking down. In addition, the organisation takes on referrals which see young adults who are placed under court orders, have complex anti social behaviours, and mental health related issues, as well as young adults who are seeking asylum. The service is designed to promote independent living skills, and encourage residents to make better choices, with the aim of moving into semi-independence.
With the above in mind, the successful candidates will be resilient, and confident in setting boundaries. The ideal candidate will be able to manage challenging behaviours, and de-escalate residents who may display verbal aggression. Empathetic and understanding support workers who are passionate about supporting vulnerable adults with mental health needs, in a non-judgemental way.
Our client support people from all walks of life that and as such, we are looking for candidates who understand inclusivity, and diversity. Our client truly believes that everyone deserves a safe home, a rewarding job and a life free from addiction and/or abuse.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Motivated to achieve successful outcomes for vulnerable clients
- Understanding of mental health issues, the impact it can have on an individual, and the resources available to support people with mental health needs
- Enjoy empowering people to lead a more sustainable way of life
- Good knowledge and experience signposting to relevant external agencies
- Managing challenging people, as well as managing/de-escalating challenging situations
- Producing comprehensive reports and handovers to ensure accurate sharing of information
- Strive to enable transformation and change as you encourage a positive sense of purpose.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working face to face with vulnerable adults (18 and above)
In return, we offer:
- PAYE payment (you receive all benefits that an employee would be entitled to, including holiday pay, sick pay, maternity/paternity, pension contributions, etc)
- Weekly payments
- Hourly rates starting at £11 per hour
- Local and flexible working arrangements to suit your personal circumstances
- A dedicated consultant who will work on your profile, and find the best opportunities in the market
- Regular and ongoing training options
For more information, hit the apply button, and I will get in contact with you and discuss the opportunities we have in more detail