Salary: £19500 + Sleep ins on top
Start date: ASAP
Experience needed: None
I have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker/Health Care Assistant to start working with Adults out in the community. You will find yourself supporting independent Adults of all ages with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs. They really want to see people who can build a great relationship with the clients and ultimately become their friend! You will be supporting them throughout day to day life for example, taking them to appointments, accompanying them to activities and helping them with meal preparation.
All of the rotas are written one month in advance, so you will be able to make plans but also it means that after a few months you will be working with the same clients. Whilst yes, you will be travelling in between clients you will not be travelling every half an hour or hour but rather you will be spending at least 2 hours with each client, if not 6 or 7! There will also be sleep ins required in this role.
- You will need to be a driver with your own transport
- Have the willingness to start a career within the health and social care sector
- Some of the clients will need support with intimate care, plenty of training and support will be given
- £9.50 - £10 p/h
- There are either Full or Part Time positions available
- Full Time positions would be 37.5 hours a week
- You will be required to work every other weekend within the month, but only one day at the weekend!
- Paid mileage at 25 p/mile
Your personality is the key here, if a career in care is what you want and are struggling to find a way in, this could be it! If you have what it takes then I want to hear from you!
Ring Joe Leighton on 01179486300 for an informal and confidential chat or click and apply.
I look forward to hearing from you!