Supporting Teaching And Learning In Schools Trainer/Assessor
Salary: £23,500-24,669.59 per annum, dependant on qualifications and experience.
Location: Head Office in Workington (and to cover surrounding area)
Main purpose of the job:
To carry out training & assessment for L2 and L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualifications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Ideally, applicants should hold a minimum of Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or have qualified Teacher status, in order to deliver support sessions and assess learner's work. Previous teaching/Teaching Assistant experience is essential.
Functional skills support is a requirement of the position, so numeracy & literacy at level 2 is required
Deliver training, carry out assessments and assess portfolio work up to and including a minimum of Level 3.
Carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand and continuous improvement of the provision, including material for the virtual learning environment.
Provide high quality academic guidance and advice to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
Demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in line with principles and strategy.
Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and all other rules and regulations that govern the work completed.
Provide pastoral care and support to learners.
Actively participate in team meetings and standardisation processes.
Undertake any such duties which may be specified from time to time, in relation to the role, by management.
Contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
Maintain own continuing professional development.
Actively follow and promote policies, including Safeguarding, Prevent Duty, Equality and Diversity.
Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
This role will require the following core competencies:
- A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contribution to teaching programmes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Evidence of experience of working within a school environment either as a Teaching Assistant or qualified Teacher.
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths & English. L3 Qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or Qualified Teacher status
- Experience of working within school environment either as a Teaching Assistant or qualified Teacher.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation
- First Aid at Work qualified
- Delivery of numeracy & literacy
- Assessment of student work
- Curriculum design
- Pastoral care of students.
- Commitment to academic research
- Dedicated to the delivery of the highest quality learner experience and fostering a positive learning environment.
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent team player and supportive colleague.
- A 'can do' attitude and proactive approach.
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract to cover maternity