I am looking to recruit a Surface Treatment Inspector for one of my large and successful engineering clients. The successful candidate will be working within the quality department, inspecting and testing components and products after plating and conversion coating, they will check paperwork to ensure process requirements have been adhered to and correctly recorded.
This is a great opportunity to work for a progressive company who pride their selves on internal growth and staff progression.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspection of intermediate product to required specifications
- Surface Treatment Verification
- Inspection and testing of components after plating and conversion coating to ensure they are compliant with the controlling specifications.
- Over checking paperwork to ensure process requirements have been adhered to and correctly recorded.
- Gain awareness and understanding of controlling specification inspection requirements
- May be called upon to work within other areas of the quality department
- Other duties as deemed relevant in the fulfilment of the position
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to use various inspection equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Have at least 5 GCSEs or an equivalent standard at grade C/4 or above, to include English and Maths, or minimum 3 years` experience electroplating for aerospace
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks
- Ability and willingness to work within a team
- Engineering knowledge base/ background
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Computer literate
- Possess strong organisational skills
- A-level C or above in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- Familiarity with electroplating/ surface treatments
- Experience with Elcometers/Comparators/Micrometers
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week - 2 rotating shifts
Salary - £17500 to £23300
For more information please contact Ryan @ Brook Street on 01522 528115