Assistant Property Surveyor - £18k to £24k DOE
Brook Street is delighted to present an amazing opportunity to join a global financial and professional services firm who specialise in real estate services and investment management. Our client is open to speaking to both experienced and non-experienced candidates, hence the large salary range for this role. You might be a school leaver who is interested in the property industry and looking for you first role in your future career or you may be a recent graduate who is keen to utilise your property related degree to begin a very rewarding career. Alternatively, you may be a working professional looking for a career change or an experienced surveyor looking for a new role with a company who wants to develop their knowledge of the property sector.
Our client is in business to create and deliver real value for their clients, shareholders and their own people in a complex world that is constantly changing. They have more than 58,000 people in more than 1,000 locations in 80 countries serving the local, regional and global real estate needs of those clients. In response to changing client expectations and market conditions, they assemble teams of experts who deliver integrated services built on market insight and foresight, sound research and relevant market knowledge. They attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in the property industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on quality service, collaboration and trust.
The Property Assistant will work in the valuation team with a direct line manager who will provide overall support and delegate work accordingly. The Property Assistant will be responsible for compiling reports and information for the valuation process including running research, investigation, comparable and due-diligence on each property. The Property Assistant will be expected to take a proactive approach and very strong process and organisational skills.
- Ensure all data is of the expected standard with a strict daily and weekly time-line to ensure that process and performance does not slip
- Assist with queries from Professional team
- Input new property records and maintain the data for valuations completed
- Carry out due diligence, research, maps and reports for each property
- Arrange site inspections for valuers and request information to support the valuation process
- Assist the professional team with queries, providing support where necessary
- Liaise with valuers across business to inform of missing data and promote better data practises business-wide
- Property experience desirable
- Educated to degree level
- Sales experience would be beneficial
- Experience with databases is beneficial
- Competent MS Excel experience; basic matching functions and formula
- Ability to work well within a team and work consistently to given guidelines and protocols
- Very strong process and organisational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English; and, excellent numeracy skills
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.