I am recruiting for a Tax Analyst working for a company who specialise in helping businesses save money with tax relief. This position is offering an overall package up to £30,000 including bonus` and will be a mixture of home and office (near Manchester) based working.
My client are an R&D and Patent Box tax specialist, they have helped their clients save multimillions of pounds in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses will be essential.
This is a varied and fast paced position where you will be responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the clients R&D and Patent Box projects; you will be tasked with ensuring that technical compliance is in line with HMRC legislation and accounting policies before submitting the reports and tax returns on behalf of your client, ensuring they are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines.
Although this is mainly a back-office position, there will be occasions where you will need to liaise with your clients and even meet them on a face to face basis to discuss any issues you have found within your analysis and submission process.
- Analyse costs related to clients R&D and patent box projects from information provided to you from the internal Client Business Analysts
- Complete cost summaries and tax return amendments for your clients and make further recommendations if needed
- Submit final tax relief/credit reports on behalf of your clients to the HMRC
- Take an active role with HMRC investigations, including research, problem solving and client communications
- Communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of a claim
- Work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues to ensure the team is aware of the risk.
- Conducting and feeding back quality reviews
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets (on average 8 submissions a week to the HMRC)
- Providing guidance, support and assistance with handling complaints in the department
- Knowledge of Tax OR previous experience working as an Analyst i.e. data analyst, finance analyst
- Knowledge or Research and Development (R&D) tax would be ideal
- Educated to degree level within a suitable field i.e. finance, mathematics, economics, accounting, business, science, technology, engineering etc. would be ideal
- Experience of following strict legislation and guidelines would be ideal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments in a professional and technically competent manner
- Proven ability to gather and collate information using appropriate questioning techniques
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Team working skills with the ability to collaborate with others
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary circa £24000 dependent on experience
- Circa £6000 bonus for both positions
- Monday - Friday 35 hour working week
- Genuine opportunities of real career progression
- Opportunity to split week, part home/part office
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***