Are you a Tax professional with R&D tax experience looking for a progressive new opportunity in a firm who is growing hugely? Look no further.
My client are looking for a highly motivated R&D Tax Financial Consultant who is looking to take the next step in their career. You will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process with your clients from the initial kick-off meeting through to the submission of the claim to HMRC. Working with the consultancy team, you will help us create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients. As a Financial Consultant, you will advise clients on financial matters throughout their claim, whilst identifying and analyzing areas of qualifying expenditure and ultimately calculating their tax benefit. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple clients' claims each month.
- Experience working as an R&D tax consultant.
- Relevant accounting or tax qualification (ACA, ACCA, ATT, or similar) or working towards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Corporation Tax filing software is preferred (Alphatax, Taxfiler, Sage, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience managing a team is preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise clients on the R&D tax relief scheme, both SME and RDEC.
- Advice on eligibility, qualifying expenditure, and legislation affecting R&D tax.
- Manage the end-to-end process of delivering a client's claim, alongside the account managers and technical consultants.
- Manage multiple client claims concurrently (10-20 clients per month).
- Analyse financial data received from clients.
- Identify areas of qualifying expenditure in the client's P&L.
- Analyse expenditure for R&D apportionment.
- Perform a financial assessment to calculate the client's tax benefit.
- Work with client's accountants to ensure correct submission of the tax return.
- Keep up to date with UK tax legislation and advise clients and the team accordingly.
- Liaise with HMRC in the event of inquiries.
- Monitor internal procedures to ensure the submission of compliant claims.
Day to Day work life
- Analysis of various financial documents and tax computations
- PAYE, Subcontractor breakdowns.
- Financial assessments.
- Integration of financial information into the report.
- Communicating with the relevant people such as, clients accountants and FD's
- In-depth understanding of tax regulations
- Awareness of legislation changes
What's on offer benefit wise
- Brand new office in with foosball, PS5 and modern amenities
- Vitality health plan completing probation, including:
- Apple watch
- Online classes
- Cinema tickets
- Reduced gym membership
- Performance-related bonus/incentives.
- Work socials
- Company trips.
- 25 days + Bank Holidays.
- Holiday buyback and carry-over options
- Regular reviews
- In house training, promotions, and progression
For more information on this fantastic role, please apply, or contact Ben Worsley via email or Linkedin.