Brook Street are working with a leading Accountancy Practise based in the SA1 area who are looking for a Tax Manager. Great location for candidates who are commuting as you don't have to go through the city centre.
Key Responsibilities -
- Reporting operationally to the Head of Client Services, with a technical reporting line to a tax partner in respect of project/advisory work.
- Line manage a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance.
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements.
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients
- To assist the client relationship managers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisory such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm.
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns.
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of Client Services Department
- A minimum of 2 years experience post qualification
- Worked within a practise firm
- Must be CTA qualified.
Knowledge of -
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential.
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of `non-dom`s`)
- A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions
Salary £ - Negotiable based on experience.
Please Apply now or call Josh at Brook Street Cardiff.