Tax Account - Glasgow - Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm
Is your boss not giving you that pay rise you deserve for the extra work you do; do you feel valued?
Are you experienced at preparing self-assessment tax returns along with account preparations?
It`s easy to get overlooked sometimes in these positions, we`ve all been there are some point. But don`t you wish you could utilize your experience and get more out of the job and better pay than the average tax accountant.
Then this job may be for you!
Our client pride themselves on their well-established brand in Glasgow for over 50 years. They are Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland and have a large portfolio of clients covering private clients, sole traders, partnerships, and sizeable owner managed companies. As experts in their field, they offer a plethora of services to their clients and are looking for you to join them in their successful journey.
Our client believes in treating their employees fairly and with respect. You`re not someone who will be overlooked, you will be valued and trusted in your field, you will find your colleagues welcoming and supportive and ultimately you`ll be paid what you deserve, forget a 0.2% increase on your salary because that`s just enough to keep the lights on, get paid because you know your worth and that all comes down to experience and character.
As a tax accountant your main priority is to ensure self-assessment tax forms are prepared for partner review. You will have had previous training and knowledge of tax to carry out your duties. Administer the Tax Return process, including tax checklists, collation of information and reminders. Administer and prepare VAT Returns, P11Ds. Accounts preparation for partner review - Limited, LLP, Partnership, Sole Trader, Income & Expenditure.
As a hybrid working you can perform all these tasks at the desk 3 days a week while looking dapper in work attire or in your cosy slippers at home the other 2 days. Just don`t stand up on the teams call and forget your wearing your pj bottoms. You`ll be tasked with duties you already know how to do, as experience working in a general practice is required, you`ll be walking into the job knowing your stuff, but you`ll have the help of your team should you require any assistance.
- Preparing Self Assessment Tax Returns for partner review
- Administer the Tax Return process, including tax checklists, collation of information and reminders
- Administer and prepare VAT Returns
- Administer and prepare P11Ds
- Accounts preparation for partner review - Limited, LLP, Partnership, Sole Trader, Income & Expenditure
Skills & Experience
- Experience using Iris practice software
- Experience preparing Self-Assessment Tax Returns for partner review
- Previous tax training/knowledge
- Ability to carry out preparation of accounts (Ltd/LLP/Partnership/Sole Trader/Income & Expenditure), including tax computations (where applicable), for partner review
- General practice exposure
- Exposure to Cloud based accounting software, such as Xero, Quickbooks, FreeAgent, Kashflow, SAGE
- Ability to complete Self Assessment Tax Returns in full and submit to HMRC without review
- Basic tax advice on Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Corporation Tax
- A generous pay
- Excellent pension scheme
- Many more, so apply to find out!