I am recruiting for a Tax Team Manager working for a company who specialise in helping businesses save money with tax relief. This position is offering an overall package of circa £50000 and will be based near Manchester.
My client is UK based with a presence in Canada and are Research & Development and Patent Box tax specialists, they have helped their clients save multimillions of pounds in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses will be essential.
You will be leading a team of nine Tax Analysts and Tax Consultants whose main responsibilities include the analysing and submitting of tax relief claims on behalf of their clients ensuring they are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines.
You will be a full rounded team manager and will be tasked with managing and coordinating your team, ensuring targets and KPI's are achieved and delivered within the agreed deadlines and SLA's, whilst maintaining a first-class client service. Duties will include performance management, one-to-one's, coaching and development, producing reports and forecasts to senior management/directors and ensuring all submissions are achieved as expected.
- Day to day management of a team of nine
- Responsible for the teams KPI and target performance
- Provide clear reporting v KPI's on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Implement appropriate quality assurance measures to ensure the highest standards and to minimise errors
- Improve the capabilities of the team by providing appropriate coaching and training
- Performance manage the team, including managing poor performance and conduct regular one-to-ones
- Constantly review and consider ways to improve processes within the department
- Ensure client expectations are met in a timely manner
- Ensure senior management is informed of all client and employee issues or concerns
- Delegate tasks to the team and set deadlines to work towards
- Providing guidance, support and assistance with handling complaints in the department
- Communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of a claim
- Take an active role with HMRC investigations, including research, problem solving and client communications
- Ensure that all client claims are submitted by deadlines
- Experience of managing a technical team is essential (tax/finance/accounting ideally)
- All round people management skills
- Experience in all areas of team management including performance management, one-to-ones, coaching etc.
- Experience of forecasting and reporting to senior management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments
- Have a thoughtful and considered approach when delivering change
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view, analyse all relevant factors and provide appropriate solutions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable, motivational with a positive attitude
- Business tax knowledge/experience
- Hold an ATT or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines
- R&D and/or Patent Box tax knowledge
- Relevant degree (finance/accounting, mathematics, engineering, economics, etc.)
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- £50000 overall package including £40000 basic salary and £10000 bonus (Part paid quarterly, part annually)
- Monday - Friday 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays (33 total)
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***