We are looking for an experienced, highly self-motivated, welsh speaking Teacher of Humanities to join a growing School in Brecon. They're looking for someone who's ready to help develop the school into one of the highest performing secondary schools in Wales.
What they're looking for?
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to teach through the medium of Welsh
- Continued professional development in relevant areas
- Experience of teaching pupils at Key Stages 3, 4 and (where possible) 5.
- Working using collaborative partnerships
- Experience of identifying, monitoring, evaluating, and providing effective strategies for pupil progress
- A strong track record of delivering high quality learning experiences
- A strong understanding of the level of professionalism and commitment required to such a role
- Evidence of impact on pupil outcomes
- A detailed understanding of what constitutes excellence in teaching and learning
- Proven understanding and use of data to analyse patterns in performance over time with intervention that raises achievement for individual students
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to work strategically and operationally to tight deadlines
- Reflective practitioner
- Sound knowledge of the requirements for successful transitioning to the new Curriculum for Wales and of Successful Futures
- A Humanities specialist
- Flexible and adaptive to changing needs and priorities
- Resilient, calm, and tenacious under pressure
- Passionate about inclusive practice and equality of opportunity
- Relentless in finding ways to remove any barrier to success
- Insightful, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, students, governors, parents, and the wider community
- Commitment to equality and diversity and to the protection/safeguarding of all students
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Further relevant professional studies
- Evidence of post graduate study or research
- Experience of working within a school cluster
- Understanding of current educational issues in Wales
- Evidence of continued professional development, where possible
Salary: £27,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Please apply now!