Young people 11-19 years old
Autism, Learning Difficulties and Challenging Behaviour
Our client is a specialist independent school supporting young people from 11-19 with ASD, learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
We are looking for a committed and hardworking teaching assistant. You will work closely with the specialist classroom teachers, providing directed support, care and supervision to children including those who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders and associated language, interaction , learning, communication difficulties and behavioural difficulties.
The aim of your support and guidance will be to enable the children to access the curriculum and to facilitate full inclusion into school life.
Salary- £18,000 per annum.
23 days holiday per year.
You should have a quiet and encouraging manner with the ability to remain calm in difficult situations, along with excellent verbal communication skills and an awareness of the importance of inclusion for children and young people with Special Education Needs.
* The help develop pupils skills and behaviours either 1:1 or in small groups, in line with agreed Individual Learning Programmes and Behaviour Support Plans.
* To apply agreed strategies for supporting pupils with individual class teachers.
* To represent the specialist teacher while off the school premises e.g on educational visits.
* To escort/transport pupils to and from activities.
* Maths & English GCSE (A-C Passes)
* Familiarity with the National Curriculum at the relevant and appropriate Key Stage
* Knowledge of the features of Autism Spectrum Conditions, and language and communication needs.
To discuss this role further please call Emma on 01274 393050 and E-mail