One of our Public Sector clients are looking for a Team Leader for a small team of Process Assistants in Maidstone for the purpose of processing applications. This is a temporary ongoing position.
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to display great customer service experience, transferable skills and at least 12 months of experience within a leadership role. You will be confident and have attention to detail.
- To manage and schedule own/team work to required timescales and Service levels.
- To ensure that agreed processes/standards/timescales/Quality Requirements are adhered to. To floor walk to provide support for applicants during the application process.
- To motivate, lead and develop the team and encourage communication.
- To act as main contact point and support customers/colleagues to resolve internal/external and escalated queries.
- To identify and implement improvements and manage improvement projects within own area.
- To check and authorise processes.
- To maintain/update procedural documentation.
- To provide support to manager/team/other teams as required.
- To comply with regulatory requirements where applicable.
- To collate and where necessary produce/analyse statistical data/reports as required.
- To liaise/meet internal/external with customers/suppliers/clients.
- Input into sharing of project experience across BPO and suggest update to BPO methods.
- Input into / implement BPO best practices / initiatives (such as, Security, Business Continuity etc) within own area.
- Able to lead and manage small teams
- Good user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to influence behaviour of colleagues and clients
- Able to coach and mentor a team
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a budget (FTEs, overtime)
- Ability to set and achieve performance targets
- Strong communication skills, for both an internal and external audience
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- Effective team player who constantly displays commitment and flexibility
This role will be full time working Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm. The pay rate will be £12.66 per hour.
For this role, you will need to have a UK passport or Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom. You must be willing to pay for a basic disclosure in order for Brook Street to process via a fast track service of which payment will be refunded pending checks and successfully completing four weeks in post.
Please apply for the role online with your most up to date CV. We are expecting a high volume of applications for this position and may not be able to respond to all applicants.