The Ministry of Justice - Senior Admin Officer/ Team Leader
Location: Office base can be Waterloo House, Leeds Courts or York road (Leeds 9). Flexibility required. (National Probation Service) NPS
Salary: £10.21 PH
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
About the employer:
The NPS makes sure individuals serve the sentences and orders handed out by courts, both in prisons and the community. they are accountable for how prisons are run in England and Wales.
NPS delivers probation services to high risk offender and works in partnership with Community Rehabilitation Companies set up to deliver probation services to low and medium risk offenders.
The Senior Admin Officer line manages Case Administrators and Receptionists and their processes. Supports the Business Manager in the implementation and embedding of office and performance processes.
- To Manage a team to ensure everything is running smoothly in a timely manner
- To track others performance to make sure they are on track
- To support with projects and report back to line manager
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required
- Receiving calls from internal and external stakeholder
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
- Working with confidential/sensitive material
- To work well in a difficult environment
Skills required for the role:
- To have management experience or experience in handling a team
- Experience in project management not essential desirable
- Great team player
- Act on their own intuitive
- Someone who is resilient
- Excellent use of Microsoft package including word and excel
No experience or knowledge in probation is required as full training is provided.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport.
You MUST be able to pass a criminal (DBS) check*