The Team Leader will be responsible for the management and leadership of the events sales team whilst selling on a personal events portfolio from a range of Practical Law conferences based in the UK. The ability to prioritise workload will be essential for the successful candidate due to split responsibilities between sales and line management. The role is made up of telephone and face-to-face selling to c-suite level professionals so a highly personable manner is required. An acute understanding of the legal market is essential. The successful candidate will be selling on up to four events at any one time in tandem with coaching, mentoring and developing team members.
The Team Leader must consistently show exemplary behaviours to the sales team by maintaining a high call output and ensuring administrative tasks such as pipeline and CRM are maintained. The successful candidate will be expected to lead on a strategic level in all event meetings and eruditely represent the interests of the sales team. They will be expected to be a continual source of motivation for the sales team through running week-to-week meetings on a team and one-to-one basis. Management of the recruitment and onboarding process will also rest with the Team Leader.
Whilst the Team Leader will not personally carry the revenue number of the events sales team initially they will be expected to drive positive results from the sales team through ongoing management and leadership.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Overachieve personal annual sales target for portfolio of events.
* Drive positive results from the sales team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and development.
* Report sales figures and provide accurate forecasts to the sales director when called upon.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender,
including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson
Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace. Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us
* Represent interests of the sales team whilst balancing the interests of the production and logistics teams in the week-to-week events meeting.
* Lead the way in call levels, pipeline and overachieving financial targets.
* Act as strategic lead for the sales team determining resource allocation and be comfortable guiding team members on negotiation strategy.
* Successfully identify and prospect new leads for personal sales and cross sell for team members.
* Maintaining a consultative sales approach to listen attentively to clients and prospects, identify their business needs and match this to relevant events across the portfolio.
* Constantly demonstrate exemplary negotiation skills.
* Lead individual and team meetings to discuss KPI's and other items relevant to the role.
* Attend conferences as needs be, greet delegates and assist logistics team if required.
* Accompany direct reports to their meetings as required.
* Find resolutions Practical Law Events business issues and set direction from a sales perspective in conjunction with the sales director.
* Responsible for dealing with customer complaints in a sensitive and timely fashion.
* Use internal Salesforce & Excel to keep record of key activity (demonstrations, quotes, sales etc) and monitor the activity of the sales team.
* Deal with any existing Global Guides sales queries.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
* Acumen for leadership and correspondingly a proficient social awareness.
* Extensive experience selling over the telephone and face-to-face.
* Be confident accurately working in a target driven and metricised environment.
* Outstanding written communication skills.
* Acute understanding of selling into the legal market and have experience dealing with legal professionals.
* Ability to influence and guide prospects externally and colleagues internally.
* Ability to maintain constructive relationships with a range of stakeholders in different business functions within the organisation.
* High attention to detail in recording information and administrative processes relating to both internal and external governance.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrable sales management experience from an official leadership role.
* Extensive experience working in events (delegate or sponsorship sales).
Education/ Certifications Required:
* Educated to a degree level.