Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Team Manager. This is a contract role based in London for 30th June 2020.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: Up to £45,900 plus 5% end of contract bonus per annum depending on skills and experience
My Client's start up team is looking for a team member who is excellent at program operations and project management. The program manager will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to efficiently prioritise and multitask. You will understand the entrepreneur experience and be passionate about startups, and help drive the companies engagement with growth-stage startups through day to day oversight of the ScaleUp and other programmes.
Team Manager Responsibilities:
- Support the team with scheduling and day-to-day team planning including booking meetings with Startups partners and programme workshops
- Assume responsibility for the team's suppliers and vendors, and create and handle purchasing orders, invoices, and - with support from the Managing Director - overall annual team budget planning
- Work alongside team's Programme manager to maintain the day-to-day relationship with the program's startup/ScaleUp partners, including during partner onboarding into the clients for Startups space
- Manage the main the clients for Startups email account, and triage inquiries to appropriate team colleagues
- Be the day-to-day contact point for startups and Partners based in the clients for Startups space, and oversea their residency period in the space
- Work towards results - you will have broad responsibility ranging from critical thinking to tactical planning to operations and execution
- Drive the overall coordination of the team, so being able to plan and proactively pull in colleagues to help execute when required will be key
- Work alongside the team's community manager to book and organise community events and represent Microsoft for Startups in the local startup community
- Be responsible for, with support from the Managing Director, the for Startups UK startup curriculum, deadlines, budgets/invoicing, project plan and activities
- Work alongside the on-site facilities team to oversee the team's health and safety protocols, and continuity management.
Team Manager Requirements:
- A love of startups and entrepreneurship
- 3+ years of experience as an Operations/Project Manager
- Strong communication, organisation and planning skills
- Ability to build trust with our startups and other internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solver, who excels at leading productive solution-oriented discussions
- Be an inclusive teammate with great interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, meticulous planner, and pay close attention to details
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Experience in running an accelerator or incubator programs is a plus
- Strong cross-group teamwork skills and ability to work across multiple partners.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently within a global team structure.
- Care deeply about delivering a great partner experience and constantly drive to improve outcomes.
Deadline for applications: 10:00am on Tuesday 17th October