Waste Services Team Manager
Immediate start available
Working hours: 6am to 2pm (flexibility required) 2-3 months
Salary: Grade 5 (£30,737 to £35,747 pro rata) - £15.76 to £18.33 per hour
Looking for a new exciting, challenging role?
You will be responsible for the development, proactive supervision, and line management of an experienced team to enable the front-line services such as; delivery of bins, residual waste collections, green garden waste collections, recycles and commercial collections and bulky waste collections to be delivered in a safe and effective way.
Duties to include:
- Leading daily operational service delivery of refuse and street cleansing crews to meet the service standard set out by Single Shared Waste Services
- Managing individual and team performance, developing individuals to achieve their potential.
- Manage operational costs effectively.
- Leading colleagues to deliver excellent customer service in line with the values of the Council.
- Resolve operational issues promptly and decisively.
Skills for Waste Services Team Manager to include:
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, managers and customers
- Able to discuss issues and negotiate with colleagues to generate the best possible outcomes
- Able to prioritise people-related issues and implement organisational changes within specific timescales
- A customer-focused and responsive approach that improves service delivery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software systems
- Competitive salary
- Working for a large service provider
- Driving Licence Class C (LGV)
- IOSH/NEBOSH Health & Safety qualification (training will be provided)
- Delivery of front-line services in multifunctional environmental services, or a similar environment
- Experience of proactively managing operational staff with a focus on health and safety
- Experience of proactively managing the performance of operational teams
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Experience of managing Blue Collar workforce (preferred)
If you're interested in this role and would like to have a chat more in detail regarding this vacancy, please do apply with you up to date CV. We aim to get back to all applicants within 1-3 working days. You can contact Charlotte on 07483 927710 or .