Job role: Team Organiser (department administrator)
Pay rate: £14.06 per hour
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Contract type: Temporary
We are currently looking for an experienced administrator in the York region to join a well-established Network Rail department as a Team Organiser.
Your main job roles will support a senior executive or a complex team to provide an efficient and effective general administrative and secretarial support service. You will be accountable for providing technical data-input whilst maintaining relevant records.
- Undertake general office administration duties including control of all mail, coordinating diaries, processing and maintaining personnel records including vulnerable assets such as mobile telephones; make necessary returns. Arrange travel, hotels and vehicles, and order and control Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the team.
- Organise meetings and the production, collation and dissemination of documentation for and resulting from them. Take minutes when required and follow up actions from the meeting.
- Provide a consistent telephone presence on behalf of the team delivering excellent customer service levels. Provide communications to the team, including sending messages as required.
- Maintain an efficient filing system paying particular attention to records of standing meetings, statutory records and authorisations.
- Utilise financial and procurement systems and act as Local Purchasing Agent (where directed) by ordering stationery and other office consumables as required.
- Report team problems e.g. IT and office facilities and monitor response.
- Undertake administrative tasks as directed including technical literature searches for the team.
- Undertake the role in a way that is consistent with, and reinforces, Network Rail's values.
What we need from you:
- Ability to multi task
- Experience in appropriate IT packages
- Good time manager
- Strong organisation skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) including excellent telephone manner
- Experience of working with a team.
Desirable but not essential:
- Sound railway background and knowledge of railway geography
- Recognised qualification in keyboard associated skills and office management techniques
- Knowledge and experience of records management
If you think this role might be for you, please apply below or contact