Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our Games client to recruit a Technical Artist.
This is a contract role to start ASAP until the end of June 2021 initially, but with the possibility of an extension.
The salary offered if up to £33,000 per annum (depending on experience).
This role will be based remotely to begin with but will likely require regular presence at our client's offices in Atherstone once they reopen.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our client's growing Technical Art team. We want to hear from people who have a passion for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for just making the best games possible. You will be part of a dynamic team whose key responsibility is to push for quality and efficiency wherever possible. Working with all Art teams, Engineering disciplines and Design teams, you will assist in developing flexible content pipelines, work collaboratively on new cutting edge features with the Programming teams, whilst always searching for ways we can improve. If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and, most importantly, want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
- Working with the Art Teams and the Leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision
- Support the Art, Engineering and Design teams, helping to resolve technical difficulties
- Implement briefs provided other teams, delivering reliable tools in a realistic timeframe
- Proactively identify new technologies and techniques that will improve the game
- When required, create concise documentation of toolsets that the team can rely on
- Help keep Assets / Content within memory budget and follow performance guidelines
- A professional portfolio or technical blog
- Degree in Computer Science/Similar related subject or Equivalent development experience
- 2 to 3 years game development experience, seeing projects from beginning to end as a Technical Artist.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/C#/C++/HLSL
- Deep knowledge of 3D creation packages (Maya/Max/Houdini/Zbrush/etc)
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current game development practices and terminology
- Excellent artistic ability
- Excellent eye for quality control and detail
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to existing knowledge to rapidly improvise solutions
- A broad technical understanding with the capacity to learn and utilize new skills quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and organized individual
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Self- motivated and passionate about the end result
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus.
Deadline for applications: Friday 12th March 2021