A fantastic opportunity has arisen with an established business in the Cardiff area with operations throughout the UK. This is a permanent opportunity for somebody to join a growing business in their bids team.
- Responsible for creating a detailed, technical, persuasive proposal - on behalf of one organisation to gain a business contract or offer of work from another.
- The primary responsibility will be to write high quality bid responses for new tenders.
- Responsible for introducing and co-ordinating the bid response process, developing, and maintaining a knowledge base of 'standard' answers and templates
- Identify ways to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of the bid response process.
- Liaise with other teams and senior stakeholders to ensure submissions are made on time and to the required quality.
- Compile, edit, and proofread commercial proposals which contain technical content and designs ensuring that these are presented in a professional and concise manner.
- Review and revise documents prepared by others and coordinate the preparation of those materials in a completed bid document.
- Determine the scope and timeline of new bids. Lead and co-ordinate the preparation of the bid ensuring that other contributors provide information on time to the correct standard answering the client's needs.
- Develop knowledge of the business, its products, and services by reading and review previous bid and design documents and spending time with presales, technical and commercial functions.
- Develop computer-based document store and reference materials.
- Review and improve other customer materials and develop a consistent set of standards for other commercial functions to follow.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of 'standard' answers and templates.
- Develop a set of standard templates for less complex bids.
- Build a strong understanding of Vista's core services and our USPs.
- Use internal CRM in order to capture all bid progress and activity.
- The person needs to be able to demonstrate success in winning contracts that they have written a bid for
- The individual needs to be possess experience of writing technical bids
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are to work individually and part of a team
- The individual will possess excellent knowledge of IT and/or the Public Sector
- The person will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills - written and verbally
- The person needs to demonstrate that they are able to manage a bid process which involves the management of collating information from key personnel within the business
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with customers both external and internal
- The successful candidate will possess a high level of computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Excellent salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- 23 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays (when bank holidays are worked payment is made instead) - details to be provided at interview
- Private medical insurance for single and ability to pay for partner/children
- Life cover (Death in service) cover of 4 times basic
- Group Income Protection (Permanent health insurance) of 75% of salary less state benefit in event of long term illness or disability
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The People's Pension - 5% of "Qualifying Earnings" for the employee and 3% employer
- Voluntary cash plan for everyday medical expenses eg. Dental, optical, chiropody etc.
- Occupational sick pay entitlement after qualifying period of 13 weeks
Please apply now or contact Brook Street Cardiff for further information.