Brook Street Recruitment is delighted to be assisting our Belfast client with the recruitment of a full time and permanent Technical Engineer.
The candidate hired will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reviewing Health and Safety Management Systems and Engineering Specifications for the Customer Engineering Department
- Ensure that the Company is well placed to comply with statutory requirements for customer facing engineering activities and maintain high levels of engineering professionalism:
- Assessing statutory demands and providing framework for compliance and auditing the Company performance in this area.
- Developing, maintaining, and disseminating systems of work to comply with:
- CER Metered Safety Case specifications.
- HSE & HSA expectations on bulk and cylinder installations.
- Agreed LGUK & LGI engineering Codes and Standards.
- Regulatory Standards in ROI and NI.
- Develop, update and review engineering procedures, method statements. Interpret gas industry codes of practice and Standards to ensure that work is completed to appropriate legal and quality standards.
- Provide direction to staff and contractors using professional engineering judgement.
- Develop, update and review safety literature to staff / Contractors & Customers.
- Ownership of the reviewing and updating of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Carryout Quality auditing to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and reviewing Health and Safety Management Systems and Engineering Specifications. Liaise and co-operate in the development of these within the overall Business Unit as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that the Company`s safety regime to effectively protect customers and the brand.
- This includes tank site compliance, safety literature, training courses, competency controls, emergency response, professional accident investigation, and communication and co-operation with Health and Safety authorities. Be part of the after-hours emergency response team on a rota basis.
- Assist with agreeing and approving all specifications of Customer Engineering installation kits / parts for bulk gas tanks.
- Deputise for the engineering manager in representing and promote the company`s interests at industry and Government safety, engineering, and energy forums/committees.
- Formulate business improvements initiatives.
- Assist with Investigating any accident within Customer Engineering
* A third level qualification in Engineering is essential.
* Initial experience of 3 years in a similar engineering environment assuming adequate responsibility for engineering decisions.
* Strong communication (oral & written) skills with the ability to understand & explain complex commercial arrangements
* Works on own initiative & develops strategies & is responsible for actions
* Full clean driving licence
Salary will be circa £35k per annum and there is a company car with the job.
Please send CV via the link