Technical Operations Support - Band 5
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: £12.74 per hour
We are recruiting for a Technical Operations Support Operator with working knowledge of Linux operating systems to work for our client NHS Digital. This is a long-term temporary role until February 2021.
The working pattern consists of 12-hour shifts (inclusive of breaks), 2 day shifts followed by 2 night shifts in a '4 shift on, 4 shift off' pattern, including over weekends and bank holidays. Unsocial hours worked will be paid at a higher rate.
Overview of Role:
NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. This is a technical role working on a secure messaging platform for the Infrastructure Services Department. The messaging platform is on new infrastructure with high availability across the dedicated NHS network, using cutting edge technologies to provide integration and technical operations support for the NHS Production/Live environments.
Working with a varied range of both internal and external stakeholders, our Technical Operations team provide a professional, efficient service and excellent end user technical support 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems e.g. Ubuntu or CentOS
- HNC / NVQ level 4 or equivalent certificate in an ICT/IT related subject or equivalent experience
- Ability to diagnose technical issues, provide resolutions or workarounds for incidents and problems in an ICT environment
- Ability to maintain specific specialised technical knowledge, provide detailed advice regarding their application and execute specialised tasks.
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working applications considered.
- Family friendly benefits.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click apply now or call Charlotte on 01274 307569.