Technical Pre-Sales Consultant - candidates must be based in the UK with full Right to Work status.
Our client is a well-established company providing IT services to end user customers based on the North East of England. The company's core business is focused around providing workspace and desktop services hosted in our Private cloud Datacenter and Microsoft's Azure public Cloud. The company works with several different technology providers to deliver a comprehensive set of delivery and support services. In addition, we work with key independent software vendors to deliver application hosting through a well-established partner network.
We are a fast-growing scale-up business with a 53% growth rate, on average, for the last 3 years. We are on a mission to "enable great work from anywhere" and have a significant focus on 'Hybrid working' .
To support the growing business we are looking to recruit a senior technical and pre-sales consultant.
The senior and technical pre-sales consultant will deliver technical pre-sales activities, supporting the sales teams in providing technical and product knowledge and will require good written, verbal and presentation skills. The successful candidate will assist in all levels of technical account planning and accompany business development manager on customer meetings and engagements. Your responsibilities will include the development of formal sales proposals and tender responses and the ability to present and differentiate product offerings at a technical level from the competition. The ability to transfer technical knowledge into business benefits to help secure new business will also be a key requirement of the role.
Reporting to the head of sales, you will be joining an established business with an excellent growth potential as we see this as a key role in the development of our sales strategy.
- Understanding the full product, services and solutions, becoming the lead authority of solution design during the sales engagement
- Assisting commercialisation of new products, services and solutions working closely with product marketing to successfully launch new products and solutions
- Deliver chargeable & non chargeable Technical Services to new and existing customers for products, such as Office/Microsoft 365, Citrix, Microsoft Azure
- Build technical relationship with prospects and/or existing customers
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations, and provide support at external and internal customer facing events
- Build custom demonstrations and deliver Proof Of Concepts (POC) along with our solution engineering and delivery teams
- Compare competitive products to specify the most advantageous solutions for customers; and take a leading role in specifying technical solutions and writing proposals and tender responses
- Graduate in Business related degree and/or MBA desirable not essential
- 3 Years + pre sales or IT technical selling.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure and MS365
- Knowledge of Citrix solutions including SD WAN desirable
- Proven Technical and IT Services pre-sales experience
- Proposal and Tender writing experience
- Significant experience architecting Microsoft technology based infrastructure solutions
- Qualifications to include some or all of the following technologies: ̶ Microsoft, Citrix, Microsoft Azure
- Good commercial acumen
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to explain and present technical solutions
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Affinity to both sales and technology functions
- Superb communication honed in a B2B Sales environment
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Have a customer-centric approach to develop and proactively support client needs, as they develop