An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Advisor based on the outskirts of Knaresborough. Your role is to maximise sales and expand the brand using proactive customer contact and sound subject knowledge. You will provide technical sales advice with responsibilities including the negotiation and conversion of enquiries to sales orders; in line with company policy and targets.
Your role will include:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via regular telephone calls, e-mails and meetings
- Ensuring that customers are contacted on a regular basis in line with measures given
- Ensuring that the databases are worked in a planned, logical, proactive and professional manner and kept up to date
- Gaining a clear understanding of customer's businesses and requirements and continually updating this going forward.
- Dealing and processing customer enquiry calls, incoming and outgoing
- Negotiating variations in price, delivery and specification of an order with both managers and customers and closing sales
- Making accurate cost calculations and providing customers with quotations as frequently as possible
- To ensure the quotation system is implemented, monitored and quotes are followed up quickly and aggressively within 2 days.
- Recording regular sales contacts and order information clearly and accurately in SAP
- Meeting monthly and annual budgets and targets at the highest possible margin
- Reviewing your own personal sales performance and always aiming to meet or exceed those targets
- Utilising company lead promotions to their maximum potential benefit, as supplied by the marketing department and taking part in and benefiting from any sales incentive schemes.
-Contributing to the monthly sales meeting, preparing and reviewing relevant sales figures.
-Prospecting for new business by constant communication and visibility within the industry
- Identifying new markets and business opportunities where possible
-Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company's products/services
-Keeping abreast of competitor activity
-Gathering market and customer information and providing feedback to the appropriate departments/managers
-Feeding buying trends back to management
-Maintaining effective and clear communications with the rest of the company
-To be demanding and challenge the company in areas you believe will help the overall development of the business.
-To actively contribute to the Company's Management and Business Continuity Team
-Customer visits where/when appropriate
-Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and customer demonstrations
- Driving your own professional development
- Dealing with customer complaints promptly and in conjunction with the Commercial Manager, to a swift conclusion (within 48 hours).
We are looking for someone who has a drive for sales and is more than happy to put the hours and dedication in to achieve excellent results.
In return you will receive a basis salary of 18,000 plus OTE, a vibrant and sociable working environment, 20 days plus b/h, pension, free parking and the opportunity to progress within the firm.
If you are interested in this role them please submit your CV here or contact Cat on 01904628741.