My client is a growing and developing organisation within the Education sector seeking to add to their Technology team. The role offers excellent benefits inc 35 hr working week, 38 days holiday, pension and many other benefits.
The Technology Applications Support Analyst has an important role to play in the support and enhancement of technology solutions, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget to delivery of the defined benefits. Engaging with End Users to embed the technologies is a key outcome.
The role holder will be working with Product Owners, Super Users, and other 1st Line Support staff.
The focus of the role will be to support some key applications that have been implemented. To ensure these applications are being utilised effectively, ongoing support to End Users will be required, which will include providing ongoing training. The role will involve gathering requirements for enhancements and updates to these applications and working with third parties to implement these. Gaining a technical understanding of the applications is essential so that some changes and adaptions to the applications can be undertaken by the role holder.
Broadly this is a 2nd/3rd line support role.
- Engage with all areas of the Company with a Business Partner mindset. This will involve understanding the business dynamics and undertaking activities to inform the business about the possible uses of the applications.
- Closely engage with Product Owners, Super Users, User Support staff in the business and act as their line of support and where necessary escalation to third parties.
- Undertake Learning Management System (LMS) and Office 365 administration activities including but not limited to: setting up new users, monitoring usage, performing regular data checks. Take responsibility for data integrity and quality checks, promoting good practice with users.
- Support Product Owners in ensuring system users are fully trained in the systems and support the cultural changes required to help us transform into a digital first organisation.
- Support Product Owners in monitoring and maintaining our workflows and integrations with other systems (both internal and external).
- Monitor performance, resolve errors and be the main point of contact for external support.
- Undertake any other duties and support to the team as directed by the Global Technology Solutions Manager.
The role-holder may be based in the UK (Reading, or other UK locations by agreement with flexibility for remote-working)- UK)
The scope and the influence of this role is all business areas globally. The key current applications that are relevant to this role are the Office 365 suite of applications and supporting our Learning Management Systems (LMS). Other applications may be added to these, so the post holder will need to be someone who wants to continually learn about new technologies and support users to make full use of the technology capabilities.
▪ Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
▪ Good knowledge of LMS systems and other applications
▪ Knowledge of testing methodologies, application and database performance, web services technologies
▪ Awareness of digital design principles; re-use, UX, accessibility
▪ Understands from an expert user perspective how a LMS can be configured, and workflows set-up
▪ Proficient understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility guidelines
▪ Experience of working as 2nd / 3rd Line applications support in a similar organisation
▪ Experience of working collaboratively in a team
▪ Experience of requirements gathering solution design and implementation
▪ Experience of creating process documentation
▪ Able to create training material - documents and video content
▪ Able to undertake these and other functions in the application systems: user administration, data upload, workflow design, field creation, creation of system processes and reporting
▪ Experience of working in the Education sector
▪ Being able to work in a rapidly changing organisation
▪ Change management skills - ability to work with users closely to drive engagement and embedding of new processes and solutions
▪ Strong trouble shooting skills; ability to wind back issues and problems to the beginning and unpick in detail what has happened
▪ Able to learn the technical aspects of managing application systems. Learn from the support partners and on-line resources as needed up to an Expert technical user level.
▪ Strong communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with others, both internally and externally
▪ Good stakeholder management skills, in particular third-party engagement to ensure an excellent working relationship with our technical providers
▪ Remote user support, training, and guidance