My client is seeking a Technology Delivery Manager on a 6 month contract for a new project.
You will work with operational teams to understand programme requirements and be responsible for delivery of required technology changes. You will need to remove any blockers, manage technical and business risks, as well as look after commercials, budgets and resources. Through your project management and product delivery experience you will make real impact on the way we do business.
Work with the programme teams to determine technology requirements and provide functional and technical expertise to support design and implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Lead a continual planning process and take ownership for the delivery of technology products and services within our UK programmes, to an appropriate level of quality and within budget.
- Understand all risks within the assigned technology scope and make sure that suitable mitigations are in place and are considered in future budgets.
- Identify appropriate third-party suppliers and coordinate and manage their input, ensuring quality and budget requirements are met.
- Optimise the delivery flow of teams and identify the most complicated risk, issues and dependencies and potential obstacles and hope the team to overcome them.
- Ensure teams are collaborating and working well and encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
Technology delivery roadmap - project plan for use by programme delivery teams throughout project lifecycle detailing relevant steps for successful deployment and maintenance of technology platforms
- Ensuring integrated deployment, adoption and usage of two key programme-specific platforms - MS Dynamics CRM for delivery partner activity management, and Learning Management System for content management
- Clear specification of outputs required from programme teams and central IT function (and any other relevant functions) in order to deliver programme objectives using these platforms
Knowledge of Agile and Lean practices, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of technology life cycles with an understanding of the different phases of product delivery
- Innovative and up to date with the latest technology trends
Previous experience delivering a mixed portfolio of projects and products across multiple teams
- Experience working with multiple delivery methodologies
- Experience working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to challenge behaviours and ways of working within an organisation
- Commercial acumen to support budget management within the constraints of a project
- Experience of balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional collaboration skills and above all a team player
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrable planning skills