London Public Sector Branch
about 2 months ago
We have an exciting new job opportunity for a court usher to join one of our Government clients The Old Bailey, Central Criminal court in Central london.
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice.
This is a full-time temporary role for an ongoing 5 months with a view to extending the contract further. The responsibilities of the role will include:
The Agency worker will:
Prepare the Courts for sitting,
Keep Courtrooms clean and tidy throughout the day.
- Working with judges, preparing their documents for cases which are to be either face to face or on Microsoft teams.
- Will be a mixture of processing work and court clerking
- Scanning documents and transferring files
- Liaising with members of the judiciary
- Uploading documents onto electronic systems/databases
- Contacting relevant parties, scheduling, serving court documents, executing a range of warrants, collecting fines and fees etc, including the use of chip and pin
- Liaise with Judges and Clerks regarding papers for hearings
Obtain names of all parties and complete Court records where appropriate.
Swear in witnesses as appropriate.
Photocopy any documents required by the Court.
Ensure the smooth running of the Courts.
Supervise Jury deliberation
Administering Oaths to witnesses.
Tracking the attendance of parties scheduled to appear in court
Comply with office standards such as timekeeping and dress code. Provide assistance elsewhere in the office as and when required.
* Must be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal.
* Remains calm, tactful and sensitive when dealing with difficult situations or people.
* Is aware of the customer needs and is efficient in dealing with these.
* Passes on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty.
* Works effectively on own and with others.
Experience working within a public facing environment is desirable
Provide some Administrative support and will follow set procedures and exercise with some independent judgement in carrying out work.
Good communication skills both oral and written required.
A working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office
Salary: £12.56 p/h (with benefits of pension scheme and holiday.
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
if you are successful you will be subject to security checks which take approximately 2-3 weeks to process.
Please apply online or contact Basheer at Basheer.Dawoud @ brookstreet.co.uk. Please remember to include your mobile telephone number, CV and the role you are applying for