TEMPORARY SCHOOL EXECUTIVE TEAM ADMINISTRATOR - 3 MONTH CONTRACT
Hours of work:36 hours weekly
Location: East London
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £12- £16 p/h depending on experience.
Accountable to: Executive Assistant to the CEO,COO, Principal & Vice Principal (4 days)
Head of Professional Development Centre (1 day)
- To provide administrative support to the Executive team, Principal/Vice Principal of the school.
- Responsible for the presentation, production and upkeep of policy, documents.
- Providing a high quality, efficient Library service to internal and external users
- Responsible for maintaining the Website and the intranet
- Providing a high quality, professional and appropriate telephone and information service to callers and staff
- Working in liaison with other staff and providing accurate and effective distribution of messages/information.
- To work largely on his/her own initiative and with the minimum of supervision in determining priorities within legal and procedural constraints and guidelines, reporting any problems, deficits and/or difficulties to the Executive Assistant of the CEO.
- At all times to respect both the confidential nature of the work and the rights of all individuals.
Executive Team Administration
- Answering the telephone efficiently to ensure that callers are not kept waiting and answering calls in a consistently warm and friendly manner, adjusting style to suit the purpose of each call.
- Ensure that all necessary documents and resources are prepared to a high standard of presentation and are ready to be distributed as required.
- Where necessary, researching relevant Acts, laws and government publications.
- Producing and distributing documents for training purposes, producing them when requested by an individual and maintaining the policy boxes across the school, ensuring that they are kept up-to-date.
- Providing accurate knowledge and information to staff about policy documents and ensuring that all staff have access to the most current documentation; being the port-of-call for all policy related enquires.
- Editing and producing STA Progression scheme folders in liaison with the HLTAs, ensuring that they are well presented and updated when necessary.
- Inserting Twitter entries
- Providing an efficient administrative/reprographic service to the executive team
- Being knowledgeable about the Library and its contents in general to be able to answer or redirect queries /requests from visitors to appropriate individuals.
- Input and access information onto Information Databases
- Able to maintain an online service for library users.
- Ensuring all new Library members receive an induction into the organisation of the Library. Providing them with a friendly and professional service.
- Supporting all Library members with their information needs; conducting online searches and information searches; being highly knowledgeable of all information available in the Library in order to assist members in their studies/research.
- Choose and order books and online stock in liaison with the Head of the Professional Development Centre
- Sort and prioritise all mail, corresponding on behalf of the Library
ENHANCED DBS IS A MUST FOR THIS ROLE AS YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH CHILDREN.
For more information on the role, please send your CV.