Brook Street are working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Territory Channel Manager (TCM) - Telco.
This is a contract role to start ASAP on an initial contract until the end of June 2022.
The salary offered is up to £72,000 per annum.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but there will be a requirement to travel to partner locations and our client's offices in Reading once restrictions ease.
This role is key to our client's channel management strategy. A TCM is directly accountable for the creation and execution of the SMB territory channel sales plan for their partners within a solution area. Our client is looking to expand their Modern Work & Security (MW&S) solution area team by adding a highly visible professional who will be responsible for their strategically important Telecommunications (Telco) channel. Their core responsibility will be to ensure our client's top 3 Telco partners have the right resources aligned across their business to maximise the market opportunity and deliver their MW&S customer new seat acquisition and cloud revenue targets.
The TCM will be focused on empowering our client's unmanaged customers to achieve more through digital transformation with Microsoft 365. The Small and Medium Business (SMB) segment at our client's UK subsidiary.
Telcos have broad penetration in all SMB segments and significant influence in customer technology choice. Customers are seeing them as destination for all their connectivity and telephony needs. This unique strength gives them the opportunity to add additional services to their portfolio to meet the increasing demand as customer modernization and digital transformation. Globally our client is increasing its investment into the Telco channel to address this channel opportunity. This role is a key part of the UKs strategy to drive the global investment and accelerate the growth of their top 3 leading Telco's. They are putting particular focus in the sub 150 seat segment (soho and small business).
The candidate will work within our client's well established TCM team and in collaboration with various roles (including Partner Development Managers, Partner Technical Specialists & Partner Marketing Advisors).
The priority for the first month will be to understand the MW&S products/solutions and partner programmes that are key for this role and develop an appropriate engagement rhythm to drive the SMB sales engine with the partner. After that taking full ownership of the Telco territory channel sales plan, identify any issues that could impact execution and build partner capacity to serve SMB customers. Engage with Partner sales teams and specialists directly to ensure they have the right level of sales enablement/training to accelerate new customer acquisition and existing customer upsell and cross sell practices. This will include working with the telcos own partner channels who they sell through. Work with appropriate top unmanaged sales teams on pipeline management to create scale, ensuring the appropriate management is in place for reporting purposes.
Regular meetings with key members of the SMB operating unit including Customer Program Manager (CPM), Product Marketing Manager (PMM) and other MW&S TCMs to review progress, understand customer opportunities, revenue performance etc., as well as insights on the market, competition and escalating any help need.
The role requires working with a wide range of stakeholders, so the successful candidate will build a strong and varied network internally and with our client's core Telco partners.
Demonstrable experience preferably in the technology sector required. Ideally with sales experience working with Telco companies including BT, Vodafone and Telefonica. Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Previous roles should have included experiences such as;
- Engaged directly with customers / partners.
- Sales qualification i.e. lead generation, new business creation, pipeline management, upsell/cross selling & deal closing.
- Strategy development/territory management
- Worked with colleagues effectively to achieve a common goal
- Worked with customer relationship systems, updating records and keeping track of customer progression, revenue closure etc
- Reporting back to teams, giving insights / ideas, process improvement
Key performance measures include:
- Partner Cloud CSP Revenue
- Customer Pipeline Generation and Customer Adds
- Partner Sales Enablement & Execution delivery
You should have familiarity with Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint. Dynamics CRM.
Our client places emphasis on the following requirements;
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced organization whilst being disciplined in using systems such as CRM (Dynamics 365) to track and report on progress.
- Excellent communication skills. This role will interact with a broad range of stakeholders. Clear, consistent, and professional communication is essential. Communications will be written and spoken, so experience of and confidence in using video conferencing (Microsoft Teams) tools is necessary.
- Strategic Thinking & Passion for Sales. Ability to develop a clear strategy to meet the set of partner objectives and show a passion to drive its execution with energy. The candidate will need to get hands on and play their part in delivering readiness, enablement and sales execution activities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 4th May