Are you Looking for a challenge? Then please read on….
Covid-19 has certainly changed the way we go about our daily lives and we are all following Government guidance to stay safe and manage Covid-19.
As we begin to return to workplaces, shops and spending time with our families and friends it is important that we all continue to follow guidance to protect ourselves and the people around us.
Local Authorities have developed detailed outbreak control plans to reduce the number of Covid-19 cases to zero and reduce its impact on their most vulnerable residents.
The plans include 8 key priorities:
o Community engagement to build trust and participation
o Preventing infection
o High risk settings and communities
o Vulnerable people
o Testing capacity
o Contact tracing
o Data surveillance and integration
o Deployment of capabilities including enforcement
The plans will help to identify, contain and control corona virus, reduce the spread of the virus and save lives. It will play an increasingly important part in the governments wider strategy to save lives, protect the health and care system as we start to move out of lock-down.
What we are Looking for:
Working with our client we are looking for individuals to join a Covid-19 Test & Trace team.
In this varied and unique role, you will be working to support our response to Covid-19 and the local outbreak prevention and control plan. You will join a dedicated, incident management and prevention team which will enable us to effectively fight the virus.
You will display excellent communication and collaborative working skills as you liaise with colleagues within the County Council to achieve positive outcomes.
Main work duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Undertake the investigation of complex Covid-19 cases and completion of follow up investigations.
- To be able to use initiative to use other communication methods, other council information routes and visits to relevant locations.
- Escalate and follow up issues as identified through positive case tracing to investigate possible links and emerging outbreaks.
- Collaborate to support a resilient system across all of Hertfordshire to ensure an effective and flexible response to emerging and changing demands.
- Review all information sources for any positive corona virus cases and to make contact, through phone calls, emails and district visits within specified time-frames.
- Produce written reports.
Essential Criteria for the right applicant
- Good organisational skills; able to plan, prioritise and carry out tasks in accordance with service standards, targets and deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, demonstrating a diligent approach to completion and recording of tasks
- Able to work on own initiative, as part of a team, or collaboratively.
- Sufficiently competent in IT to make effective use of email, internet, standard office applications and relevant databases.
- Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly, including working outside normal office hours if necessary
- Own transport to travel within Hertfordshire and carry equipment necessary for the role.
Hours: Part-time, must be flexible
Length: 4 months
Are you up for the challenge?
If you are available immediately and looking for an amazing new opportunity please apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch if you fit the above criteria.