I am recruiting for a Tool Room Team Leader working for a global automotive supplier. Working on an alternating shift pattern (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm), this position is offering a negotiable package including shift uplift and will be based at their Telford plant.
My client is also offering an option of a relocation package if you are interested but not currently local to Telford.
As a global manufacturing business, they specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components.
The Toolroom Die Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for the maintenance of the tooling along with supporting the Tooling Supervisor in the smooth running of the Toolroom.
The Toolroom Die Maintenance Team Leader will have a wide and varied role from attending unplanned breakdowns on tooling equipment to implementing daily preventative maintenance, working as a team or on an individual basis to achieve the company goals.
The Toolroom Die Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible for the handing over of accurate information and on-going work priorities for the oncoming shift, meeting with the oncoming team leader at the end of the shift.
You will work alternative weeks of a 6am-2pm shift and 2pm-10pm shift.
- Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
- Effectively identifies day to day tooling issues and implements corrective action where required.
- Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and ensure targets are met
- Ensures all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
- Ensures Supervisor is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Supports coordination of engineering changes and supports maintenance of spare parts.
- Prepares and tests tools by laying out / setting up / machining.
- May design / make tools / templates to produce prototype parts of various materials including generating bill of material and complete fabrication and validation.
- Verifies conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
- Engineer and manufacture of machine parts and tooling as required
- Fits and assembles parts and test completed tools for proper operation
- Sets up and carefully monitors tools and performs inspections prior to removing tooling from the machine
- Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
- Ensuring concise information is shared between the three shifts and Supervisor/Manager.
- To manage and prioritise labour to tooling breakdowns in accordance to the production department requirements.
- Monitor the use and stock level of spare parts, reporting when spares need to be reordered.
- Able to coach and mentor employees providing support where needed
- Experience of Disciplinaries and Investigations
- Experience in PDR's, PIP's and Absence management
- Carry out weekly 5s audits and ensures actions are completed.
- Ensures team follows correct P.P.E requirements.
- Ensures the safety and wellbeing of team members.
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all
- Health and Safety environmental requirements
- Time served apprentice in relevant discipline.
- Die casting experience.
- Excellent hand tool skills. (hand tools will be supplied)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience in working with Toolroom equipment including overhead cranes.
- Experience in Inspection equipment. (micrometer, height indicator, etc.),
- Experienced in using milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder, rockiniser etc.
- Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program.
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the business.
- Able to manage and prioritise numerous tasks.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience of coaching and leading teams effectively
- Experience in Disciplinaries and
- Experience in absence review meetings and PIPs
- Experience in PDR completion
- Good interpersonal skills with "hands on" problem solving expertise
- Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Ability in influence and manage stakeholders
- Very organised
- Proactive in approach with a "can do attitude"
- Flexibility to travel overseas at short notice when required
- Full Driving Licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Negotiable package depending on experience
- Relocation package if required
- Rotational shift pattern
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Attractive pension, death in service and critical illness schemes
- Employee assistance programme and benefit scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Lauren on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***