Tour Administrator / £18k - £20k depending on experience
Do you have a passion for travel and an interest in the tourism industry?
Want to work in a great atmosphere and modern offices?
Do you have strong administrative skills and a very organised personality?
Brook Street are delighted to present an exciting opportunity to work with a long-established and successful shore excursions operator with offices based in Norway, Russia, England and Scotland. Our client provides shore excursion services directly to cruise operators. Based in Southampton, our client is looking for an Administrator, ideally with a background in tourism or travel, to join them in organising and facilitating their shore excursion operations.
Who's right for the job?
- Career experience in the travel or tourism industry.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A good understanding of logistics would be very beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications in particular Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be a logical thinker and use initiative.
About the job:
Reporting to and assisting the Tours and Booking Manager, you will be responsible predominantly for assisting with the handling of coaching requirements for the UK and Ireland cruise season.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Obtaining and negotiating prices from operators,
- Confirming and managing coach bookings,
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the coach companies and keeping them up to date with details for each port call.
- Working closely with the shore excursions team to ensure the cruise clients' requirements are met.
- You will also provide general support including updating the booking database, collating safety management documents, completing post port call work, checking invoices, assisting with cruise ship tour dispatches and meeting suppliers.
What's in it for you?
In return you will be offered a solid base salary of between £18k - £20k depending on experience. You will be given great career and progression opportunities. You will get to work within a modern open plan office with good facilities and an excellent location in Southampton.
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start in February 2019 or as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in an tourism /travel operations based role, who is extremely detail driven and who has a passion for travel and providing an excellent client experience.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .