Brook Street (UK) Ltd is currently working on behalf of Belfast based client who is keen to recruit an experienced Trading Manager to join their expanding retail company.
The role of Trading Manager hired would be responsible to lead the development and implementation of an effective range strategy for their portfolio, grounded in the overall trading strategy and consumer insight that supports the delivery of our brands.
The strategy will be designed and delivered through engaging with customers and suppliers and leading cross functional project teams incorporating, merchandising, product development, marketing, sales, HR, store development and finance.
Duties will involve developing and executing an appropriate range strategy for an assigned portfolio. You will also have responsibility for: offer execution through cross functional cooperation; setting retail and wholesale prices, negotiating total cost of goods, retail and wholesale margin achievement.
* Degree qualified in a business-related discipline
* Proven track record of delivering commercial results in a fast-moving environment
* Have worked cross functionally
* Extensive sales and negotiation experience
* 3 years of managing and operating at an operational business level
* Responsible for delivery of commercial results
* Strong commercial acumen
* Systematic problem-solving
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Negotiation and conflict resolution
* Strong Numeracy skills and experienced in the use of spreadsheets.
* Data analysis and interpretation
* 2-3 year's experience of managing a designated portfolio in excess of £10-20m within the retail industry
* Knowledge of the Irish and UK grocery industry would be a distinct advantage
* Sound category management experience in the retail trade
* Strong best practice people management skills
* Capable of leading cross functionally
Attractive starting salary plus bonus and also comes with a company car
If interested please send CV via the apply link