Brook Street is working with our Belfast client to recruit a number of full time and permanent Traffic Attendants to work in the Belfast area.
Traffic Attendants are the eyes and ears of the local community, patrolling areas, providing advice to residents, and members of the public, whilst enforcing road traffic orders and issuing parking fines.
You will play a significant role in reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality through the enforcement of parking restrictions.
Your day will be spent, mostly outside, in all weathers, walking up to 10 miles per day, so please consider this before you apply. You will be dealing with members of the public face to face, so customer service must be something you enjoy, sometimes in difficult situations.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (including Bank Holidays). Shifts vary so flexibility for the role is essential. Excellent rates of pay for weekends and Bank Holidays
* Liaise with members of the public and give advice on parking issues and enforcement procedures in a courteous manner ensuring that our customer care policy is always adhered to
* Assist in providing an effective Customer Care Policy
* Assist in the Client`s enforcement protocol
* Carry out other duties requested by the Client
Qualifications / Experience:
* Must have an Access NI or be willing get one
* GCSE English and Maths
* Numerate and literate.
* Capable of operating a Hand held Computer terminal.
* Capable of uploading Hand held Computer and completing a final check at the end of shift.
* Has the ability to communicate with customers, often in difficult and demanding circumstances.
* Capable of writing basic reports and complete pocketbook notes.
* Strong customer service skills - you must enjoy dealing with people, be friendly polite, and willing to offer support, advice and assistance to colleagues and customers.
* PC skills would also be an advantage, as you will be using a hand-held device daily
What you will get
* Good Hourly rate and great overtime rate
* Free uniform Employee Benefit Scheme- Including Cycle to Work Scheme Reward & Recognition Scheme
* Training & development opportunities
* Employee Consultative Committee to represent the voice of colleagues
Please send the CV via the apply link