Trainee Truck Technician
A full valid UK driving licence is essential
Salary: £21,948 - £24,432 (work development)
Contract: Full time + Permanent
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-5:30PM + Saturday 8:00AM-1:00PM
A Trainee Truck Technician does not require any formal technical qualifications and/or practical experience.
A Trainee Truck Technician will undertake a range of technical training to assist you in becoming competent in the practical elements of the role as well as building an understanding of the range of products and services the Company offers.
You will work towards being responsible for maintaining and replacing tyres to commercial vehicle fleets.
You will consistently ensure that a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers is achieved, often within a critical time frame, ensuring compliance with customer service level agreements and internal procedures.
To be appointed to this role, the following are minimum requirements:
You must have experience of:
- Working in a fast paced commercial or customer focused business
- Working under pressure often to tight deadlines
The following experience is beneficial:
- Licence to Fit/City and Guilds trained
To be appointed to this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Displays professionalism at all times
- Calm under pressure and flexible in approach
- Enthusiastic and a positive outlook
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- A full valid UK driving licence is essential
- Learning all aspects of Truck Tyre fitting and assisting experienced staff, who manage a list of accounts ensuring that all vehicles are inspected and any work required is carried out.
- Work towards fitting and maintaining tyres to commercial vehicle fleets
- Complete all aspects of tyre fitting including Roadside Breakdowns and On-Site Service
- Carry out fleet inspections and service work to prolong the life cycle of customer tyres
- Complete all relevant Company documentation to a satisfactory standard
- Participate in the Stand-by Rota and/or work a shift pattern as the business requires
- Ensure full compliance to Company policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to agreed service level agreements (SLAs)
- Knowledge of and compliance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, specific awareness required concerning lone working and working at the roadside
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good working condition, reporting any defects
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Adapt approach depending on customer situation
- Work flexibly to support business
- Create a close working relationship with key stakeholders
- Strive to maximise internal and external customer satisfaction
If you are interested, please apply here and for more information please call 01895204516. Thank you.