Up to £20.55 per hour
about 1 month ago
Do you enjoy customer focused roles? Do you enjoy being out in the field attending client visits? Are you confident using IT and admin? If so then please read on as we have an exciting opportunity to join the Construction Industry Training Board as an apprenticeship officer
- Apprenticeship Officer
- Full Time 35 hours, Monday to Friday
- Temporary - 9 months - could lead to permanent opportunities
- Lothian and Borders
- Pay rate - £20.55 per hour
Please note for these roles you must have a clean current valid driving license and you must have your own vehicle as you will be required to drive to different sites every day
Petrol and other expenses are included in the pay rate
About the client:
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is the Sector Skills Council and Industry Training Board for the construction industry. It works with construction companies to improve skills, increase competitive edge and respond to the many challenges employers face.
About the role:
Responsibility for the recruitment, reviewing, managing progression, learning portfolio management, management, timely achievement of apprentices and learner health, safety and, wellbeing, in compliance with relevant government funding requirements.
Promotion of Apprenticeships
Recruitment of suitable apprentices to meet the requirements of the area business plan
Including and not limited to:
- Through promotion of the apprenticeship offer, work with existing and new employers to help generate vacancies and sign-up apprentices in line with contract allocations and industry demand.
- Managing matched and unmatched applicants to employer vacancies
- Generating vacancies via wide ranging stakeholder engagement
- Increasing the number of suitable applicants to meet the area vacancies through various engagement opportunities.
Recruitment of Apprentices
To ensure apprentices are signed up in accordance with contractual requirements, including:
- Pre checks to ensure employer has scope of work to support completion of apprenticeship.
- Undertake Initial Assessment, sign up and induction of new apprentices
- Accurate completion of all sign-up and paperwork
- Workplace health and safety pre-placement vetting
- Assignment of provider placement and accommodation where required through portal.
- Brief employers to ensure they understand their responsibilities in the delivery of the apprenticeship
- Work with employers to ensure they understand their responsibilities in the delivery of the apprenticeship including the role of the workplace mentor
Take all possible steps to retain and progress learner on programme to attain the highest level of achievement possible, including:
- Managing and reporting progress
- Conduct regular quality progress reviews
- Regular contact and engagement with college on apprentice progress and report back to ADM / relevant colleagues
- Accurate RAG rating of apprentices
- Agreed and timely interventions to drive achievement
- Manage and monitor progress of the learners throughout apprenticeship cycle, agreeing corrective action plan where required.
- Progress learners to the next level of apprenticeship where appropriate and available
- Make all appropriate interventions to minimise leaver non-achievers.
- Timely and accurate submission of paperwork for leavers who leave without achievement
- Recording of safeguarding incidents and following procedures as per policy
- Identify any learning support to monitor at risk learners, engaging with provider support and signposting where appropriate
What are we looking for in you?
- Clean valid driving license
- Own Vehicle
- Good communication
- Able to interact with apprentices and build rapport
- Strong with Admin and IT
- Able to work independently
- Confident with all MS packages
- Time keeping
- Trust - worthy
Diversity in the workplace:
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply now! Please note we expect a large volume of applications for this role and so if you have not heard anything within 7-14 working days please presume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please apply now!