Are you a Transport Planner with previous experience in assisting carrying out site appraisals, feasibility studies and provide preapplication advice, assisting in preparing Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans Undertake traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments? Then this opportunity might be great for you!
Our client will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
You will find a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from `on the job training` in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses. Breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
- Pension scheme - company matches employee`s contribution up to 5%.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme (pension contribution deducted from your gross salary prior to tax and NI).
- Death in service benefit of 3 x annual salary.
- Income Protection Insurance.
- Flexible working.
- Initial 25 days holiday (of which 3 days are held for the Christmas period).
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years` service.
- 1 additional day for 2, 3 and 5 years` service totalling 28 days.
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each holiday year after one years` service.
- Long service awards, including additional days off and £500 cash award.
- Paid professional membership.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket.
- Yearly flu vaccine.
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses if required solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in house with lunch supplied.
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year.
- Free refreshments including tea, coffee, juice and a weekly selection of fresh fruit.
- Free on-site parking.
Usually, a working day includes site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice, Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications, traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments, highway design, Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a Transport Planner. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
To be successful in this role you will have to be qualified to degree level in appropriate subject, have previous experience in a similar role and proven experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans and Access Appraisals.
Ideally, you will have a good understanding of TRICS, ARCADY and PICADY (Junctions8), an understanding of micro-simulation traffic modelling would be an advantage and an ability to deal with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
If you are interested to find out more about this role than please apply with you CV or call our Abingdon Branch at 01235 706100 for a confidential chat.