UI / UX Artist
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a UI / UX Artist. This is a contract role based in Twycross for 6 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: Up to £365.00 per day depending on experience
Over 30 years in the game-making business, every moment has been dedicated to kicking out one beloved title after another. We've tried all manner of new things in that time, but if there's one thing we've truly come to believe, it's the importance of having fun every single day and infusing it into everything we create.
UI / UX Artist Responsibilities:
- Work with our extensive design and development teams to deliver modern, exciting solutions in support of games.
- Keen to take ownership of your solutions, drive forward new processes, and provide creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Create and explain solutions from wireframe designs through to final polished live product.
- Use your extensive UI/UX and creative knowledge to provide unique ideas and solutions.
- Be able to estimate time and deliver content in a timely manner and to deadlines.
- Partner with stakeholders and other teams to formulate any required assets.
- Be flexible and eager to help where you can, whether it's with the latest web project or in game UI.
- Champion quality in our development process, demonstrating our values and taking an active role in improvement of art and creativity.
- Be part of our culture; Be inquisitive, try things out, break stuff, help people be even better, think like you own the place.
Business Admin Support Requirements
- Extensive experience as a UI Designer/Artist.
- Exceptional design skills, production values and attention to detail.
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe After Effects knowledge a bonus)
- Well-versed in modern UI tooling (Sketch/Figma/Framer X/Adobe XD)
- Well-versed in designing systems, not screens. Working experience of designing, building and maintaining design systems and interaction pattern libraries is crucial.
- Excellent conceptualisation ability, able to work from sketches through to final stage.
- Ability to create wireframes and visual design comps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A track record of self-starting and driving the necessary steps to achieve success.
- Proactive and organised.
- Excellent cross-team communication and influencing skills.
- Self-managing and organised with excellent artistic sensibilities.
- Level head and able to take constructive feedback.
- Able to respond quickly/efficiently to difficult creative changes.
- Knowledge and experience of the games industry a plus.
Deadline for CV submission: Thurday 3rd October at 3:00pm