Brook Street (UK) Limited is working with our Client in Derry/Londonderry to recruit a time served Vehicle Technician to join their expanding business on a temporary full time basis for a period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Completion of jobs from general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds
* Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer`s procedures in a safe and responsible manner
* Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Standard Times using special tools where appropriate
* Assist in the fault diagnosis process
* Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
* Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
* Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence)
* Assist with Roadside breakdowns (if required to do so)
* Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor
* Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions
* Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately
* Ensure that workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate
* Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* The successful candidate will need to have 2 years experience as a time-served technician with a strong desire to develop their career within a progressive organisation.
* Possess a certified level 2 trade qualification as depicted in the NQF in Vehicle Mechanic studies
* Must possess a current C Class driving licence
Other desirable Criteria:
Excellent record keeping of computerised repair and inspection data;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong customer focus
Competent in the use of Windows and use of Management Information System (MIS) for record keeping on repair data.
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to Apply, please send your CV or via the apply link