As a Vehicle Technician you will carry out service, repair and maintenance activities on the Metropolitan Police Service's fleet of emergency vehicles; servicing and repairing vehicles, components and accessories, without harm to people and targeting zero defects. In this role you will:
- diagnose faults and test vehicles using recognised procedures and techniques
- ensure faults are rectified and repairs/servicing carried out to the highest standards
- keep up to date with the latest technology on the vehicle range
- ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices
- check quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and vehicle testing
- complete relevant service documentation in a timely manner
- ensure that all technical documentation is complete and up to date
- ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- work with colleagues to provide excellent customer service and share best practice
We're looking for qualified automotive technicians with good diagnostic skills, high levels of efficiency and the ability to deliver technical improvements to deadlines. The Metropolitan Police Service operate a wide range of marques -Vauxhall, Ford, Hyundai, Mercedes, and Skoda - and therefore up-to-date product training and experience gained from a manufacturer, main-dealer or a commercial vehicle workshop environment is highly desirable. You will need:
- Experience as a Vehicle Technician post apprenticeship
- Mainstream dealer experience
- Warranty and MOT experience
- Ability with diagnostics
- Light vehicle experience
- City and Guilds 1 and 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Full, clean Driving Licence
If you are looking for a role where your contribution will REALLY make a difference, then where better than with our client - keeping our emergency services 'on the road'.
Our client manages fleet availability for the Metropolitan Police Service. This contract sees our client managing and overseeing the repair and maintenance of MPS's fleet of 4,000 vehicles and specialist equipment; responding 24 hours a day 365 days a year to vehicle defects and communication problems to ensure minimal downtime.
Our success depends, without exception, on the quality of our teams. Across every level of our business, we recruit individuals who understand and appreciate exactly how vital our clients services are. People who never compromise on safety; who respect and challenge each other; and who strive to deliver the very best for our customers.
People who deliver resilience; people who can be resilient
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and other required pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also need to satisfy Security Clearance requirements.
Security Clearance can be verified and may be transferred to a new employer if required. If you do not have the Security Clearance required for a particular role you may not be able to start your employment until clearance has been obtained. In some instances this will require one or more of the following: Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC) or Security Check (SC). In order to gain Security Clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years. Checks may also be made against your Employment History and UK criminal records, covering both spent and unspent convictions.