Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our Games client to recruit an experienced VFX Artist.
This is a contract role to start ASAP for 18 months.
The salary offered is up to £38,000 per annum.
As a VFX artist you will help create real-time particle effects such as magic, fire, explosions and environment effects for our next big game. Real-time particle effect creation is composed of several areas: particle creation, shader creation, particle placement, texture simulation, texture compositing and performance optimizations. Most VFX artists will work in all areas to some degree but there is also room for specializing. This is a truly exciting time for our client, and they are looking forward to finding more passionate VFX artists with a healthy mix of art and technology!
- Responsible for creating in game particle effects.
- Responsible for placing effects in the world.
- Work collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Art direction and create effects to support the vision.
- Create effects to realistic budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects.
- Experience of creating real-time particle effects in game engines like Unreal or Unity.
- Experience of using industry standard content creation software (Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop or equivalents)
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, After Effects or similar is a bonus
- Experience with shaders is a bonus
- Self- motivated and passionate about the end result.
- Able to take constructive feedback to improve work.
- Good eye for quality control and detail.
- Proactive and organized.
- Able to respond quickly and efficiently to difficult creative changes.
- Experienced in dealing with the idiosyncrasies of team project work.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- A Passion for games and to create something special!
Deadline for applications: Friday 19th February 2021