Warehouse Associate Preston
Working hours are either 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm
Salary between £20,000 - £21,450 dependent on experience.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Associate looking to join a successful and expanding company.
Our client manufactures labels, tags, receipt papers and wristbands.
We are looking for a candidate to provide a high-level support service to keep presses operating efficiently in order to print a wide variety of self-adhesive labels in a busy manufacturing environment while adhering to all quality and safety standards.
- Assist with organisation/prioritisation of work within the department to make efficient use of labour and resources. Day to day decision making to ensure all functions are carried out in a timely manner to avoid down time.
- Liaise with Production Planning department, Supervisors and Press Operators to make ready jobs as per the production schedule.
- Delivering all components to the production presses in a timely manner (JIT).
- Maintain optimum quality at all times.
- Maintain optimum Health and Safety standards and keep area neat and clean at all times.
- Consistently achieve productivity targets.
- Operating an VNA forklift truck and powered pallet trucks
- Forklift truck license is an advantage though not essential as training will be provided
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment to high standards and meeting targets and deadlines
- General computer skills and numerical skills including e-mail, Word & Excel
- Ability to use initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan work effectively throughout a day/shift
- Flexible approach with the ability to follow detailed instructions
- Flexible approach to overtime as and when required to support the department
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Team player with excellent time management, organisation skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
This is a fantastic company with lots of progression within.