Position: Warehouse Operative
Location: Standlake - Witney - Oxfordshire
Deliver fresh food as part of our friendly team - and enjoy some tasty rewards. We`re looking for organised, hard-working people to join the Noble Foods Production team. It`s all about working together to meet targets and ensure the job gets done. That means you need to be good with people and brilliant in a team. You`ll also need to know about Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene. We`ll expect you to follow hygiene standards, minimise waste and keep a close eye on food quality.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Stakeholder Pension
- Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen)
- Staff offers on chicken
- Cutting-edge packing centre
- PerkBox - a range of discounted items including cinema tickets, free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
- Sick Pay Scheme above statutory minimum, increasing with length of service (after qualifying period)
- Driver with own vehicle - (non-drivers to be located within a 5-mile radius) Team Oriented and a great work ethic.
- Some form of experience within logistics/warehouse
- Good level of spoken English
- Work with other operatives to ensure that product is received correctly and is ready for receipt by production, when required
- Follow the company Health & Safety guidelines
- Ensure product is loaded with the correct paperwork
- Warehouse organisation
- Complete pre-start checks
- Ensure that product is rotated to minimise waste
- To complete to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers
- Manual handling
- Health and Safety
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
Physical: Working in the warehouse requires manual handling to an estimated maximum of 28 kilos. Warehouse operatives are expected to use manual and electric pallet-trucks when required. The role requires a significant amount of walking. The jobholder should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
This part of the warehouse is fast pace, this is where all the eggs are clean, checked, boxed, carefully on the pallet and ready to go. You will need to use the EPT (electric pump truck) to move the pallets around the warehouse and finally get them loaded onto the trucks ready to be sent out.
You will be working in a team to adhere to tasks and work alongside the warehouse manager prioritising your workload.
This is a target driven role - you would be working to orders that need to be done to a time frame.
Why Noble Foods? It`s a chance to be part of an innovative, fast-moving business with a £600m+ turnover - and very humble beginnings. Our story started in 1920 when William Dean sold eggs door to door from a basket. A hundred years later, we`re providing major stores and businesses with a range of much-loved brands. They include Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and The Happy Egg Co., Britain`s market leader. Noble Foods also includes the Gü Puds Group, creators of drop-dead gorgeous desserts.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today!